
Pinocchio, Chapter 25 : Advice from the Good Fairy匹诺曹,第25章:来自善良仙女的忠告
If Pinocchio cried much longer, the little woman thought he would melt away, so she finally admitted that she was the little Fairy with Azure Hair.
好心的小妇人起先说她不是那位天蓝色头发的小仙女。可后来看到识破了,也不想再把这场喜剧继续演下去,终于承认她就是小仙女,她对匹诺曹说:
“You rascal of a Marionette! How did you know it was I?” she asked, laughing.
“你这木头小鬼!你怎么认出是我的?”
“My love for you told me who you were.”
“我热爱您,就认出是您了。”
“Do you remember? You left me when I was a little girl and now you find me a grown woman. I am so old, I could almost be your mother!”
“你记得吗?你扔下我的时候,我还是个小姑娘,可你现在碰到我,我已经是个妇人了。我简直可以做你的妈妈了,”
“I am very glad of that, for then I can call you mother instead of sister. For a long time I have wanted a mother, just like other boys. But how did you grow so quickly?”
“那我太高兴了,这样我就不是叫您姐姐,而要叫您妈妈了。多少日子以来,我一直想跟所有的孩子那样有个妈妈!……可您怎么会长得这样快的?”
“That’s a secret!”
“这是一个秘密。”
“Tell it to me. I also want to grow a little. Look at me! I have never grown higher than a penny’s worth of cheese.”
“告诉我吧。我也想长大一点。您没看到吗?我还是跟一个子儿的干酪那么高。”
“But you can’t grow,” answered the Fairy.
“可你不会长大。”仙女回答说。
“Why not?”
“为什么?”
“Because Marionettes never grow. They are born Marionettes, they live Marionettes, and they die Marionettes.”
“因为木偶是从来不长大的。他们生下来是木偶,活着是木偶,死了也是木偶。”
“Oh, I’m tired of always being a Marionette!” cried Pinocchio disgustedly. “It’s about time for me to grow into a man as everyone else does.”
“噢!我老做木偶都做腻了!”匹诺曹拍着后脑勺大叫着说,“我现在要变人,跟所有人一样的人。”
“And you will if you deserve it–”
“你会变人的,如果你配得上变人的话……”
“Really? What can I do to deserve it?”
“真的吗?怎么办才配得上呢?”
“It’s a very simple matter. Try to act like a well-behaved child.”
“容易极了,只要你一直做个好孩子。”
“Don’t you think I do?”
“噢,我不是个好孩子吗?”
“Far from it! Good boys are obedient, and you, on the contrary–”
“根本不是!好孩子听话,可你正好相反……”
“And I never obey.”
“我从来不听话。”
“Good boys love study and work, but you–”
“好孩子爱读书爱干活,可你……”
“And I, on the contrary, am a lazy fellow and a tramp all year round.”
“正好相反,我一年到头偷懒,吊儿郎当。”
“Good boys always tell the truth.”
“好孩子向来说真话……”
“And I always tell lies.”
“可我向来说假话。”
“Good boys go gladly to school.”
“好孩子高高兴兴去上学……”
“And I get sick if I go to school. From now on I’ll be different.”
“可学校叫我肚子疼。不过从今以后,我要改变我的生活。”
“Do you promise?”
“你答应我这样做吗?”
“I promise. I want to become a good boy and be a comfort to my father. Where is my poor father now?”
“我答应你这样做。我要变成一个好孩子,我还要成为我爸爸的安慰……这会儿我可怜的爸爸在哪儿呢?”
“I do not know.”
“我不知道。”
“Will I ever be lucky enough to find him and embrace him once more?”
“我还能看见他和拥抱他吗,我有这份福气吗?”
“I think so. Indeed, I am sure of it.”
“我相信你有,而且我保证。”
At this answer, Pinocchio’s happiness was very great. He grasped the Fairy’s hands and kissed them so hard that it looked as if he had lost his head. Then lifting his face, he looked at her lovingly and asked: “Tell me, little Mother, it isn’t true that you are dead, is it?”
匹诺曹听了这个回答,高兴得抓住仙女的手发疯似地吻起来。接着他抬起头,亲热地看着仙女问道:“告诉我,好妈妈,你不是真死了吧?”
“It doesn’t seem so,” answered the Fairy, smiling.
“好像不是,”仙女微笑着回答。
“If you only knew how I suffered and how I wept when I read ‘Here lies–‘”
“你知道我当时多么伤心,觉得喉咙都堵住了,一个字一个字地读:‘这里安眠着……’”
“I know it, and for that I have forgiven you. The depth of your sorrow made me see that you have a kind heart. There is always hope for boys with hearts such as yours, though they may often be very mischievous. This is the reason why I have come so far to look for you. From now on, I’ll be your own little mother.”
“我知道,因此我就原谅你了。你的伤心是真诚的,这使我知道,你有一顾善良的心。一个孩子有颗善良的心,即使有点顽皮,有些不好的习惯,总还是有希望,就是说,总是可以希望他重新走上正路的,因此我跟到这儿来找你。我要做你的妈妈……”
“Oh! How lovely!” cried Pinocchio, jumping with joy.
“噢!多美啊!”匹诺曹大叫,高兴得跳起来。
“You will obey me always and do as I wish?”
“你要听我的话,永远照我对你说的话去做。”
“Gladly, very gladly, more than gladly!”
“我愿意,我愿意,我愿意!”
“Beginning tomorrow,” said the Fairy, “you’ll go to school every day.”
“从明天开始,”仙女往下说,“你就去上学。”
Pinocchio’s face fell a little.
匹诺曹马上不那么高兴了。
“Then you will choose the trade you like best.”
“然后选择一种你喜欢的手艺或者工作……”
Pinocchio became more serious.
匹诺曹脸都板起来了。
“What are you mumbling to yourself?” asked the Fairy.
“你牙齿缝里咕噜些什么,”仙女用不高兴的口气问他。
“I was just saying,” whined the Marionette in a whisper, “that it seems too late for me to go to school now.”
“我说的是……”木偶低声叽叽叫着说,“现在才去上学,好像晚了点……”
“No, indeed. Remember it is never too late to learn.”
“一点也不晚,我的宝贝。你记住了,读书学习是永远不会晚的。”
“But I don’t want either trade or profession.”
“可我不想干手艺或工作什么的……”
“Why?”
“为什么?”
“Because work wearies me!”
“因为我觉得干活太累。”
“My dear boy,” said the Fairy, “people who speak as you do usually end their days either in a prison or in a hospital. A man, remember, whether rich or poor, should do something in this world. No one can find happiness without work. Woe betide the lazy fellow! Laziness is a serious illness and one must cure it immediately; yes, even from early childhood. If not, it will kill you in the end.”
“我的孩子,”仙女说,“说这种话的人,最后差不多不是进监狱就是进医院。告诉我,一个人不管生下来是穷是富,在这个世界上都得做点事,干上一行,都要劳动。懒惰没有好结果!懒惰是一种最坏的毛病,必须马上从小治好。要不,大了就再也治不好了!”
These words touched Pinocchio’s heart. He lifted his eyes to his Fairy and said seriously: “I’ll work; I’ll study; I’ll do all you tell me. After all, the life of a Marionette has grown very tiresome to me and I want to become a boy, no matter how hard it is. You promise that, do you not?”
这番话打动了匹诺曹的心。他高兴地又抬起头来,对仙女说:
“Yes, I promise, and now it is up to you.”
“我要学习,我要干活,你对我怎么说我就怎么做,一句话,木偶的生活我过腻了,我无论如可要变成一个孩子。你答应我了,不是吗?”

下面故事里的小黑猫飘飘然的忘记了自己抓老鼠的本职,是一件很可悲的事情。欢迎阅读!~一天早晨,黑猫准备去钓鱼,在鱼塘埂上远远看见一只天鹅在吃鱼。它迅速跑到天鹅跟前...

有一只狼已经老了,它想弃恶从善,因此,开了个诊所,专门给生病动物们治病,。毛驴说:“有可能肉包子打狗——有去无回啊!”听了毛驴的话,动物们心惊胆颤,都没有去老狼...

更新了智慧故事《小猪那会变颜色的房子》,小猪的房子怎么会变颜色呢?一起来阅读故事吧。小猪盖了座新房子,他想给房子涂上颜色,可是涂什么颜色好呢?还是请朋友们帮我出...

想长高的小老鼠的故事 小老鼠对它的 身高 很不满意,它羡慕所有比它高的动物。 一天,吃午饭的时候,妈妈给它舀上一碗饭,它问:“妈妈妈妈,我吃了这碗饭,会变得和什...

一个大湖的旁边住着一只青蛙。青蛙跟它的好邻居两只大雁常常到湖里游水,在岸边游戏,它们生活得很快乐。很久不下雨,湖水慢慢的干了,没有水可不行啊,大雁想搬个家,搬到...

马西亚谢绝了艾思比纳苏的建议,放弃了唾手可得的平静、安全、舒适的生活,放弃了今天可以受到的音乐方面的教育和明天可以获得的财富,却愿意伴我一起过冒险的、朝不保夕的...

从前有个妇女,她有个独生女儿。这孩子七岁左右时,每天上学都路过一个果园。园子里有棵野李树,枝头上挂满了诱人、熟透的果子。每天清晨,这女孩都会摘下一颗,放进口袋,...

在很久以前,有两个聋子相遇了。一个是农民,他出来寻找自己丢失了的几头猪;一个是女人,她正背着一个婴儿在田里干活。 那农民问女人说:你好,大嫂!你的生活好吗?然后...

去年的树的故事 一只小鸟和一棵树是好朋友。鸟儿座在树枝上,天天给树唱歌。树呢,天天听着鸟儿唱歌。 日子一天天过去,寒冷的冬天就要来到了。鸟儿必须离开树,飞到很远...

今天天气格外晴朗,蓝蓝的天上飘着几朵白云。 小喜鹊高高兴兴地穿上花裙子跟着妈妈外出游玩。路过一个大烟囱时,突然,大烟囱张开大嘴,喷出一股黑烟,小喜鹊的花裙子被熏...

在一条清可见底的小河边,长着许多绿油油的小草。 冬,来得是那么急,所有的小草都被冻坏了,身子变得枯黄,缩成一团,奄奄一息。在离小草不远的地方,有一棵苍劲挺拔的松...

在遥远的布莱斯部落,住着一个猎人。有一次,他在森林里打来两只野鸡,走到半路上,碰巧遇见一只大老虎。 猎人大吃一惊,你到哪里去呀,老虎先生?猎人故作镇静地问。虽然...

莎莎的头发不见了! 找儿童故事听睡前故事,dy456.com儿童故事大全 事情是这样的:一天早上莎莎起床后,就发现自己的头发不翼而飞了。头发去哪儿了呢?莎莎伤心...

万物齐乎巽,物至此时皆以洁齐而清明矣。”清明,这个只听名字就让人感到神清气爽的日子,在我国传统节日中占据着重要地位,一直传承至今。仅仅凭借它与春节、端午、中秋一...

分享快乐的故事 小兔古利特期末考试考了个好成绩,爸爸为了奖励他,给他买了一件他一直都想要的遥控小汽车。古利特高兴得不得了。拍手叫好。 这个小汽车真好玩儿,只要把...

狐狸已经饿了好几天了,它决定去找点吃的填饱肚子。 狐狸离开森林,走在一条大道上,它走着走着遇到了一个十字路口。 恩?往哪走才好呢?走哪条路呢?恩,我要好好想一想...

很久以前,有一个富翁,他有两个儿子。一个是他的亲生儿子,而另一个是他的继子,富翁很宠爱自己的儿子,很讨厌继子。 大儿子长成一个被宠坏了的青年,什么事也不会做,也...

一天早上,小山雀飞到黄牛爷爷的背上问:黄牛爷爷,有什么办法可以让时间过得快点儿吗? 找儿童故事听睡前故事,dy456.com儿童故事大全 我在犁(l)地的时候,...

这一年,动物王国里闹饥荒,死的死,逃的逃,森林里已经几乎见不到什么动物了。 “不行,再这样下去我也会饿死的,诶……没想到我狐狸聪明一世,也会落到这个地步。...

一个大富翁,家财万贯,住在一所豪华巨宅里,每天烦恼不断。 在他楼下有一间违章建筑,里面住了一对贫穷的夫妇,每天出去打工,回来了弹琴唱歌,活得非常开心。 ...